REMINDER: If you have a physical book out from the MSHS Library, the MSHS Library does NOT charge late fines. When we get back to school, I will let you know when to turn your books it. You can ignore any due dates stamped in the book for now.
The MSHS Library subscribes to the eRead Illinois project which provides a statewide catalog of eBooks that you can download to your personal device. You can find both fiction and nonfiction eBooks and Audiobooks to read for pleasure.
eBook Access Instructions:
- BROWSE the collection at http://mshs.axis360.baker-taylor.com/ OR
- DOWNLOAD the Axis 360 app on a phone or tablet.
- CHECK OUT using Library Card ID which is MSHS+YourStudentID# (in capital letters and no spaces in between). Please contact Ms. Ochs if you do not know your ID #.
- DOWNLOAD your chosen eBook to your computer or device. You CAN read from Chrome on your Chromebooks!
Things to know about eBooks:
- At the end of the 14-day loan period, items will expire and be automatically returned. No fines!
- You can check out up to 5 items at a time.
- You may return eBooks early. This frees up your account to download other titles.
- Items can be renewed as long as no one else is on hold for them. A renewal option will become available 3 days before the checkout period ends as long as there are no holds on the title. It will extend the checkout period for 7 more days. There is no limit on renewals on a title as long as it has no holds..
- You may "Place on Hold" items that are currently unavailable. Up to 5 items can be placed on hold at a time. You will be put in the line for the item and will receive an email when it's ready for check out.
Riveted Lit from publisher Simon Teen offers a few free reads monthly. Make sure to pay attention to the expiration date! Check out the rest of their website for reading related articles, book suggestions, and more!
NOTE: You have to create an account to read the books which requires you to verify your email. You will NOT be able to do so with a school email address, so you should only sign up for an account if you are comfortable with sharing your personal email address.
Abdo Digital has opened their catalog of books for us to utilize. NOTE: You may want to use the filter options to choose High School at the top of the page since this collection is for all ages.
If you're bored, choose the "Arts, Crafts, and Makerspace" option under the Subject filter. There are paper folding, coding, construction type books with projects you could teach yourself to do.
Listen to audibooks through Audible. Audible Stories are free to schools. Click the link to acces, then select "Start Listening." You can filter the options at the top of the page for different age ranges.
This app has selected eBooks and audiobooks for all ages until the end of July. Explore Popular Subjects to find a book that's right for you! Download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store or head to soraapp.com. Log in using your school email account and explore. If you need it, find help at https://help.soraapp.com/en-us/home.htm.
This yearly program allows you to download two preselected audiobooks each week for the whole summer. You get to keep the books forever once you borrow them, no need to return!